[nagdu] Relieving in and out of harness WAS Re: My guydog:introduction

Cindy Ray cindyray at gmail.com
Thu Aug 21 10:51:00 UTC 2014

So folks, what if you had to go at an otherwise inappropriate time. Would you be happy to have a correction for it? I used to remove the harness; this is not easy if you are carrying a bunch of stuff. I usually try to keep the dog from doing it for a while if I’m a ways off and have to carry it a long way, but otherwise, I give the dog comfort. If it is uncomfortable, it may not work as well. Yesterday when the guy from The Seeing Eye was working with me, Fisher pulled over to pee. I said, Oh, I think he has to pee. He said, “When ya gotta pee, ya gotta pee.” He said nothing about taking off the harness. The whole point is that it is better not to let them stop every few steps to relieve whatever they do. But also I suspect people do whatever seems to feel best for them at the time.

Cindy