[nagdu] GDB Information was RE: Evaluation from Guiding Eyes

L Gwizdak leg1950 at cox.net
Mon Aug 25 21:10:06 UTC 2014

Hi Brandon,
GDB seems to train good dogs but I don't see them quite as good as Seeing
Eye in respects to teaching people how to keep their dog out of foot traffic
while the person is seated or standing in public places.  I know lots of GDB
grads and their dogs are sprawled all over where they can get tripped over
at our blind center.

I, too was denied service from GDB at TWO different times.  I was denied
based on lies told to one guide dog school and actually passed on to GDB and
they used that to deny me.  A long story I won't get into here.  I have seen
them deny other people as well.

GDB is strange in who they choose to accept and deny in what I have
personally seen in my 26 years here and around many GDB grads.  I do have
friends who absolutely love them.  They have good dogs but I can't figure
them out. (shrugs shoulders!)  If you want to know more, contact me offlist
at leg1950 at cox.net so I don't look like guide dog school bashing even though
I try to remain respectful.  Offlist is best to hear my stories frfom
friends over the years in regards to this school.

I go to Seeing Eye and I am happy with them and just don't apply to the
California schools anymore.

Lyn who is between dogs
"Asking who's the man and who's the woman in an LGBT relationship is like
asking which chopstick is the fork" - Unknown