[nagdu] Food puzzle

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Tue Aug 26 12:10:41 UTC 2014

Hi Debby.
A food puzzle is a kind of dog toy.  You put kibble inside it, and the dog
has to figure out how to get the food out.  I think they were invented to
entertain dogs who otherwise don't have much to do.
I bought one called the Fun Ball.  It's a big, softball-sized rubber ball
with little holes in it.  I stick kibble through the holes, then Ben has to
roll it around and use his paws and tongue to get the kibble to fall out
through the little holes.  It takes a lot of work for him.
Mom had a similar thing that was a big hard plastic cube the dogs had to
roll around to get the kibble to fall out.
There are other kinds where the dog has to hit part of the puzzle with his
paw to make the food come out, though the reviews on those on Amazon were
pretty mixed.  Some puzzles seem to have been made for small dogs, and a big
dog's paw hits too much, or breaks the thing.
Tracy