[nagdu] graduation walks

Stephanie naturelovingmom at gmail.com
Wed Aug 27 00:02:15 UTC 2014

Hi all,
At my guide dog school in Australia, we have 2 walks. The first is at the end of centre training. We are given a route to walk, which includes obstacles, traffic checks etc.
Then we have 1 week follow up at home. I had 2 with Gypsy, because of some of the targeting work we had to do. We have to have 3 routes before we even begin training, and they use these 3 routes with the dog when you get home.
When we know they well with the dog, we have to walk them unaided with the instructor following us in their car. Some times they will provide traffic checks or obstacle work in the process.
Steph