[nagdu] Guide dogs and new routes.

Mária Orovčíková maria.orovcikova at gmail.com
Wed Aug 27 07:45:57 UTC 2014

Hello list,
I know I brought this topic some time ago, but I would like to discuss it again if possible.
I'm just wondering do you go new and unfamiliar routes you've never been to before with your guide dog?
I will give you an example:
Let's say you must travel somewhere you've never been to before. You arive to a train or bus station and you need to get to a local busstop and take city bus to take you to your place.
I'm not talking about taking taxi, because they are quite expensive here and another thing is that here in Slovakia we do not have proper and clear legislation regarding guide dogs and taxis, so we rather rely on local buses.So my questions are:
1. How do you get from a train station to a local busstop?
2. Do you ask people members of public) to give you directions?
3. do you let other people your family, relatives, friends) to describe a route for you in advance?
4. Do  you use GPS apps?
In case you use GPS apps, what if local busstops are not on the map?
5. Are there any other options of exploring new routes before travelling?
I hope I will hear your opinions.
With regards
Maria
Sent from iphone