[nagdu] How does your dog help you?

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Wed Aug 27 15:23:37 UTC 2014

Working in the big city, I encounter a lot of moving obstacles where the dog
is very helpful.  My dogs have saved me from idiot drivers more times than I
like to think about.  They've also kept me from being clobbered by someone
racing out of a store or around a corner without looking.  Then there is the
endless construction, guys up on ladders, guys unloading trucks, and crowds
to maneuver through. There's finding the stairs next to a noisy bus, with
overhead obstacles thrown in just for fun.  I think if I had to use a cane
in the City, I'd have to cary 2 or 3 spares, because the darn thing would
get broken by people rushing about.
Tracy