[nagdu] Drop Offs

Raven Tolliver ravend729 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 31 03:46:44 UTC 2014

Debby,
I agree completely. Drop-offs are not realistic at all because I have
the fortune of never being dumped out of a car or getting off the bus
at a mystery location. Even when I visit an unfamiliar area, I do a
bit of trip planning to learn more about the particular destination
and the nearby streets. And with GPS aps and things of that nature, it
is rare that a person is completely lost.

On 8/30/14, debby phillips via nagdu <nagdu at nfbnet.org> wrote:
> Hi Larry, I'd be one of those that would not like doing dropoffs.
> First of all, I don't think they're that realistic.  Most people
> (whether they'll admit it or not) go to certain places, and
> that's where they go.  Sure, we all visit unfamiliar places, but
> if we have had any good instruction at all, we know what sorts of
> questions to ask to get where we need to go.  Doing our solos is
> stressful enough for me.  (Grin).  But hey, if you like dropoffs,
> you should have the chance to do them.  Seriously, unless I live
> somewhere (and I don't live in Morristown), it's kind of a waste
> of my time to get totally oriented to the town.  Even if I did, I
> won't be there for another ten years (I hope) and would have
> forgotten everything anyway.  JMO, though.    Debby and Miss
> Neena

Raven
"if God didn't make it, don't eat it." - John B. Symes, D.V.M.
http://dogtorj.com