[nagdu] Discrimination by Separate Benefit

Marion Gwizdala blind411 at verizon.net
Tue Dec 2 10:27:57 UTC 2014

Cindy and All,

	So that everyone understands the dynamics of this issue. What
occurred with Cindy is known as "separate Benefit", defined as
discrimination by the Americans with Disabilities Act as follows:

Separate benefit. It shall be discriminatory to provide an individual or
class of individuals, on the basis of a disability or disabilities of such
individual or class, directly, or through contractual, licensing, or other
arrangements with a good, service, facility, privilege, advantage, or
accommodation
that is different or separate from that provided to other individuals,
unless such action is necessary to provide the individual or class of
individuals
with a good, service, facility, privilege, advantage, or accommodation, or
other opportunity that is as effective as that provided to others. (42 USC
12182(b)(1)(A)(iii))

Fraternally yours,
Marion Gwizdala