[nagdu] One Small Victory

Dudley Hanks dhanks at dudley-hanks.com
Fri Dec 5 23:32:37 UTC 2014

Well, apparently, the driver who refused Mich access to his cab has been
fired.

I count that as one small victory.

In spite of his being fired, I'll still be recommending that charges be laid
by the police.

In a way, I'm sad he lost his job;  with a hefty fine, he might have been a
more considerate driver after this experience.

But, then I ask myself, "How sad do these guys feel when they leave us
standing by the curb?"

Perhaps, as word spreads that blind people can find ways to hold drivers
accountable, maybe we'll get one step closer to equality.

Take Care,
Dudley, with Michener