[nagdu] guide dogs in hotels

Craig Heaps craig.heaps at comcast.net
Mon Dec 8 20:12:50 UTC 2014

In the year and a half I've had Chase, we've made several trips that
involved hotel stays.  I never tell them in advance I'm bringing a guide
dog, and I've never run into any resistance.

I don't bring a bed or a crate.  He just sleeps on the floor.  Sometimes I
use his leash to tether him to the bed leg or easy chair.  I usually find a
greassy area outside to relieve him.  But I haave also used the far corner
of the parking lot becuase he will also releive on pavement.  I have
collapsible rubber borlws for travel.  I got them on Amazon.  Because Chase
is a slob when he drinks, splaching water all over, I usually give him his
food and water in the bathroom, using the bath mat to contain the splash.  I
put the bowls on the mat and the slop over stays in the bath mat.  You could
proably ask the maid for an extra one and give her a small tip.

Chase bats about five hundred on fidnign the room after the first time he's
been there.

Craig and Chase, who seems to liek to travel.
craig.heaps at comcast.net