[nagdu] Pet Safety During the Holidays

Debby Phillips semisweetdebby at gmail.com
Wed Dec 10 05:35:15 UTC 2014

All good suggestions.  One Christmas we were staying at my
stepdaughter's.  The presents were under the tree and we all went
somewhere, including my Seeing Eye dog.  But Jake, our pet
Labrador was left home alone.  When we returned we found the
wrapping paper from one of my gifts.  It was a cheesecake mix
with some chocolate sauce.  He left the other parts alone but ate
the chocolate.  He was a tough dog because he also once got in to
some rat poison.  He was staying with my husband's parents and
was in a back part of their house.  Craig's dad heard crunching
and went to investigate.  He must not have gotten that much rat
poison.  Craig's dad fed him at least a quart of milk, which I
guess diluted the rat poison.  Jake lived to be 13.  He was much
loved by all in the family.  We all cried when he went over the
rainbow bridge.    Peace,    Debby and Neena