[nagdu] trouble with relieving

Vivianna irishana at gmail.com
Thu Dec 11 02:19:06 UTC 2014

Unfortunately, pilot does not teach you how to relieve the dog at all.  they just say, here you go, do it.
John, ask if you can relieve her in a different area so that you can feel her.  you can’t do that with those bars they have in the way.  also, ask them to show you how to pick up after your dog.  they don’t do that either.
for those who are reading, school recommendation lists are a good thing.  don’t jump all over me about pilot as, my dog is from there.  i would, however, not recommend them as a school for any first time dog handler.  many many things are not taught.let us know if they show you what to do john.  i am completely with you in being embarrassed.  and, frankly, your dog should not be relieving in harness on a regular basis.  yes, i understand an accident but, that does not sound like what you are dealing with.
if they refuse to help you further, then, make sure you give her 10 minutes to do her business.  keep her moving the whole time, don’t just let her stand there.  and, since you are having a problem, i’d be relieving her more frequently as well.  you don’t want her to get the idea that it’s OK to relieve in harness.this can be a very hard thing to break.
JMHO

Vivianna