[nagdu] Sturdy squeaky

Nicole Torcolini ntorcolini at wavecable.com
Thu Dec 11 03:44:48 UTC 2014

	Mark, your dog took chunks out of a Goughnut? Wow. I seem to recall
that he is also capable of snapping tie downs. Maybe you should try making
him toys out of duct tape (joke based on email from a while ago.
	Julie, that is too funny about Jetta. Once, we bought a plastic chew
bone for the family pet, who was a Border Collie mix. In spite of the fact
that the package said pitbull tested, our pet dog chewed a piece off of it
in no time.
	JMHO, I would not give my dog stuffed or squeaky toys. The stuffed
toys that are made for dogs are definitely more durable, but they are by no
meaning indestructible. I would not leave a dog unattended with one for any
extended period of time. Finally, although Lexia did not, some dogs have a
tendency to start taking anything that looks remotely like their toys, and
they could start taking any and all stuffed animals that they find.
	I don't know why I don't like squeaky toys. Maybe it's because I am
used to the cheaper, plastic ones that break rather quickly. Still, I don't
want something that squeaks all of the time. Some dogs like to do anything
that will get them attention, so, if they figure out that squeaking the toy
will get your attention, they might start doing that.
	Lexia has several different toys, so of which are designated as toss
and tug only. All are inspected on a regular basis.
She has a few Goughnut toys, which generally hold up quite well. She has a
few toys that are either rope, balls made from rope, or objects on a rope,
and she loves them.

Nicole