[nagdu] A new must read book

Aaron Cannon cannona at fireantproductions.com
Sun Dec 14 16:21:33 UTC 2014

Hi all.

There are dozens of stories out there about guide dog users and their
handlers.  However, if there is a book out there like the one I read
yesterday, I've never heard of it.

The one thing all of those other books have in common is that they're
written by folks whose dogs were trained by someone else.  This book,
on the other hand, was written by someone who trained her own dog.
The book mostly tells the story of the training of her first and
second dogs, and the issues she faced in the process.

This book has something for everyone.  For the casual reader, it tells
a fascinating and inspiring story.  (I use the word inspiring
reluctantly, but in this case, I think it's warranted, as no other
word fits as well.)  For folks simply curious about owner trainers, it
offers a front-row seat to the process.  And for those folks
interested in training their own dogs, this book is an absolute must
have, as the author provides her training outline at the end of the
book, and the training insights which are scattered throughout the
rest of the book are invaluable.

This book won't train you how to train your guide.  However, if you
know how (or are willing to learn) to train dogs, it is an invaluable
reference.

Still not convinced?  The author is none other than our very own and
always helpful Julie Johnson.

You can find the book at Amazon (it's available as an ebook) at
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00QXZSMOC

I hope everyone will check it out.  It is a great read!

Aaron