[nagdu] Picking up things from the ground

Debby Phillips semisweetdebby at gmail.com
Wed Dec 17 15:46:19 UTC 2014

Hi Lisa, what a dilemma this is for all of us in more or less
intensity.  And Labs are notoriously greedy.  When I take Neena
out to relieve, I am constantly looking at her mouth.  Even
though I extend her leash to long leash, I touch her to see what
she is doing.  I'm wondering how long your leash is.  I'm not
good with measurements, but even on long leash, Neena can only go
to the end of my arm.  I am also fortunate that we have a fenced
yard, so there is no food or napkins and stuff like that there.
But when ow have to relieve in public places, it is more
difficult.  I am also always chatting to her, telling her Park
Time, which are the words some of us here use to let our dogs
know that they should do their relieving thing.  And once she's
done, that's it.  The leash goes back to short leash, and we go
back inside.  (Of course it's pretty cold here right now, so
staying outside after she relieves isn't exactly pleasurable.  I
used to think with one dog I had that it would be a good idea to
muzzle her while she was outside relieving.  Lol.  Sorry I don't
have a better solution.    Peace,    Debby and Neena