[nagdu] Barking - revisited?

Daryl Marie crazymusician at shaw.ca
Fri Dec 19 18:12:03 UTC 2014

Thank you all SO much for the encouragement on this issue.  You have understood completely the fine line between Jenny warning me of something and being disruptive.  If you'd asked me this six months ago, I wouldn't be as confident as I am now that she is warning me of something.

Rebecca, you hit the nail on the head that it's not the docile guide dog behavior we're expected to encounter.  I guess so long as it's not constant, generally disruptive, etc., it's nothing to worry about.

Julie and others: if the weather is warmer it is easier to head her off at the pass because she will stand up and face whoever she's barking at.  In colder weather, the ground is too wet and/or cold for her to sit for long periods, so head movements are the only way I can tell, and by that point she's pretty much already barking.

Thanks again!
Daryl and the