[nagdu] Retired Guides; Do the same access laws apply?

Buddy Brannan buddy at brannan.name
Tue Dec 30 21:33:55 UTC 2014

I’m no lawyer, but a retired guide os no longer working. This, I should think, would make that dog a pet, which would mean that you do not have the right to be accompanied by him. After all, if he is retired, he isn’t doing anything to mitigate your disability. In my view, the paratransit driver was correct. I think many landlords would probably out of kindness allow you to have your retired guide as a pet, but I don’t believe s/he is obligated to do so.

—
Buddy Brannan, KB5ELV - Erie, PA
Phone: 814-860-3194
Mobile: 814-431-0962