[nagdu] guide dog schools

Julie McGinnity kaybaycar at gmail.com
Mon Feb 3 06:35:57 UTC 2014

Hi Rachel,

Welcome to the list!  My name is Julie, and I am currently between
dogs, but I got my first dog from Guiding Eyes and plan to return this
summer for my next dog.  I have had nothing but good experiences with
the trainers, their dogs, and the staff at Guiding Eyes.  Their
follow-up services are excellent, and the training is some of the
best.

There are other excellent schools out there, but I choose GEB because
the classes are small, and their staff was always kind to me while
treating me like an adult.  This was important to me, especially at
the time I got my first dog because I was a teenager.  I am sure
others on this list can tell you about other schools, but if you have
any questions about Guiding Eyes or my experiences(granted, my class
experience is 5 and a half years old now), feel free to email me off
list.

--
Julie McG
National Association of Guide dog Users board member,  National