[nagdu] Guide dog schools

Raven Tolliver ravend729 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 6 09:29:27 UTC 2014

Julie, thank you for better articulating what I was trying to say. The
family atmosphere does not come from a level of helpfulness, but a
level of understanding, openness, and friendliness.
I don't think there's a correlation between the informal
professionalism of the GEB staff and the careless GEB dog users that
you have met. The staff are definitely sincere about keeping your dog
in check, and ensuring that your dog is in an appropriate posture
according to the situation. Now what people decide to do when they get
home is a different story, and can't be micromanaged. I too have met
and heard of GEB grads who are very lax with their dogs and don't
maintain their self-control. But I also have friends who live with TSE
grads who allow their dogs to get away with everything short of
murder. I don't blame the school for that, I blame the handler for not
utilizing what the school taught them.

Raven