[nagdu] Bad weather and class

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Fri Feb 14 19:11:35 UTC 2014

Hi Raven.
Lucky you!  The sidewalks here in my town in Jersey are pretty hit-and-miss.
There are clean patches, icy patches, parts that haven't been cleared at
all, and parts where someone piled up the snow at the end of their bit.
I remember there were "passes" in the snow mountains at the street corners
in St. Paul, where other pedestrians had tramped the snow down a bit.  Here,
it seems like most people just walk in the street.  Not a great plan, as the
snow is high enough to make escape difficult, if a truck comes along. Though
the streets are a lot cleaner than the sidewalks.

I'm kinda surprised your golden guy had trouble with his first snow.  When I
lived in Minnesota, my dogs came from GDB, and had never worked in snow,
though they had seen it.  They didn't care; they adapted to snow travel very
fast.

I love having a dog for snow work.  A hundred times better than a cane, IMO.
Tracy