[nagdu] Bad weather and class

Lori Dent loriandleo at ohiohills.com
Sat Feb 15 04:45:49 UTC 2014

Hi Raven,

when I trained with my current Leader Dog Gipp we trained in the winter. So
my dog was  able to guide me in the winter  with no issues.

When Gipp and I come to a big huge snow bank on the sidewalk, I will not try
to walk over the snow bank with my dog. My dog will stop at the snow bank
and I will say to my dog work it out and he will look to see if there's  a
path he can take  to get me around the huge snow bank and most times there
is so he will take the anishitive and take that path to get me around that
hugh snow bank and back on the sidewalk again. So far, my dogs been right on
and I always follow my dogs lead because he's always right.

Now if we come to a huge snow bank on the sidewalk, and there's no path and
my dog and I have determined that we can't get around the snow bank by
taking the path. Then my dog and I will then  walk around the snow bank by
walking on the side of the road just to get around the snow bank and Gipp
will take me back up on the sidewalk.I've always trusted my dog's judgement
and let him do his thing and he's always got me around any snow banks that
we came to with no problems. And once around the snow banks I've always
praise my dog for a job well done. Take care.

Lori and theGipper