[nagdu] Nixon retirement update

Jen&Nixon jenandnixon at gmail.com
Thu Feb 20 22:26:11 UTC 2014

Where does the time go?

I forgot the 15th, technically the 9th, would have been *TWO YEARS AGO*
since I retired him. It just doesn't seem like it. He's a pudgy fellow right
now due to lack of exercise due to nasty winter conditions and my mother's
health that was terrible for over six months. Nixon isn't the type of dog
that runs after toys or fetches. I just can't believe that it was two years
ago since the final decision to retire him when he was attempting to go a
different direction when I was about to cross an intersection. He was having
a mind of his own, and I knew he was ready to retire. He was 8 1/2 years
old. I don't know how hard to believe that he will be 11 years old in May.
He pretty much sleeps most of the time until he sees me, then he is running
up to me to see me. He still has a close-knit love towards me *grin*.

He is still healthy, so healthy on sensitive dog food (no carrots or treats
due to his sensitive stomache), and doing very well. I am sure he will be
around till around 13 years of age, I'm sure of it, as he's quite healthy.

February 15th, 2005, was 9 years ago (WOW?!) was when I first met Nixon, and
him trotting right up to me face, "Here I am, check me out!" He wasn't sure
of me at first but the following day, it was like a light bulb clicked in
his mind, and he instantly fell in love and we had no training issues
whatsoever. He was perfect. We established a bond nothing like other, and he
was only my second guide dog. I never had a close bond with Bronze. My bond
with Aiken took some time as my love was still attached to Nixon, but over
time, we have and are now a team.

Time flies, way too quickly, for me at least! Wow...

Jen McEachen and Aiken
Pampered Critters Pet and House Sitting Services
Prince George, BC
pamperedcritters at gmail.com / www.pamperedcritters.ca
<http://www.pamperedcritters.ca/>
"Like" us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/pamperedcritters