[nagdu] More than one service dog

Mardi Hadfield wolfsinger.lakota at gmail.com
Fri Feb 21 03:58:31 UTC 2014

Hi every one, Mardi here. I have had 2 service dogs at one time. I had Lily
my guide and Maximus, my seizure alert dog. I did not take Max out in
public though.I now have 2 guide dogs. Shaman ,I use when I have my power
wheelchair as he moves at a pretty fast pace and does not like to walk
slow. I will end up with a pulled muscle in my arm if I ask him to go slow
for any amount of time.I use Neechee when I have my manual wheelchair or if
I am able to walk (hobble) on some days. My power chair does not fit in a
car so if I go in a friends car to the grocery or some other store to shop,
I must take the manual chair. Neechee walks slow enough for me.I some times
use Neechee with the power chair but she does walk a lot slower than
Shaman.I enjoy having both dogs and most of the time their is enough work
that both dogs get a lot of exercise.One of the perks of being an owner
trainer is that I am able to have 2 dogs.In the summer time when Shaman's
allergies start giving him problems, I can let him rest as I still have a
dog to rely on. Wheelchair guides work a lot harder than dogs that are just
walking guides,so I can rest one while I use the other.This is not to say
that guides who walk with their handlers don't work hard because they
certainly do work hard, but it is different than working next to a
wheelchair. Have a great day, Mardi and Shaman and Neechee.

--
http://wolfsinger-lakota.blogspot.com/