[nagdu] What Should Dogs Eat ws RE: Growing Up Fisher

Raven Tolliver ravend729 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 25 06:15:12 UTC 2014

Hi,
While fruits and veggies are okay for our canine companions, they are
definitely not necessary, even for fiber. For dogs who eat a true
canine diet of only raw flesh and organs, they also eat bones with the
meat, which help firm up stool. Now, I know that this is incredibly
controversial because any number of professionals who work with dogs
will tell you to never feed a dog raw meat or even bones. Of course,
there's a right and wrong way to do everything. Handing a dog a bone
stripped bare of flesh is pretty high risk. Handing a dog a bone
covered in meat with no additives, such as a pork shoulder, chicken
breast or chicken thigh is perfect.
I swear by this diet because the Golden Guy was a victim of some of
the minor damage kibble can do. Chronic ear infections every month,
needing his anal glands expressed every 6 weeks, horrible breath and
plaque buildup. All of that went away when I dropped the fake food.
And trust me, I used to feed Acana, which is considered pretty high
quality junk.
If you really think kibble is okay for a dog, I suggest Googling the following:
Cancer and Kibble
dangers of kibble
kibble and dog's teeth
kibble versus raw feeding.
Maybe it sometimes takes being burned by this junk and veterinarians
to swear off it, but I was tired of pouring through ingredient lists
of different foods, researching what's good and what's not, and even
looking into preparing home-cooked diets, which are a hell of their
own. I was done with trying to figure out the problem with different
kibbles, and finally learned that processed dog food was the problem.
Yes, dogs can survive on it for many years. Heck, their are people who
survive on burgers and fries, chicken McNuggets and french fries, and
pizza to ripe old age. There are people who smoke and drink to they
die in their seventies and eighties. It still takes a toll on the
body. These people definitely survive on this junk, but they do not
thrive. The same is for dogs and processed foods.

Raven