[nagdu] Retiring a dog early

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Wed Feb 26 19:46:50 UTC 2014

Hi Jewel.
I'm very sorry to hear this.  I had to retire my dog Nestor early.  He just
could not deal with the stresses of the big city.  I tried very hard to make
it work, but it wasn't meant to be.  I'm pretty stubborn, and I hate to give
up, but it had to be done.
Really, my next dog was a relief.  I didn't constantly have to monitor the
situation anymore.  We could just get out and go.  And, since I retired
Nessie with my folks, I knew that he was feeling much happier as a pet than
he had been as a guide.  It was a wrench to give him up and admit defeat,
but in the end, we were both much better off.
Until Faye retires, just enjoy the time you two have together.  Enjoy the
good stuff, while looking forward to being done with the bad stuff.
Good luck.
Tracy