[nagdu] Doggie excitement?

barbandzoe at comcast.net barbandzoe at comcast.net
Thu Feb 27 16:14:41 UTC 2014

Raven that is a hard one to stop, I think you are doing about the only thing you can do, is to redirect the dogs focus back on to you.
I think that if any one has this problem where the dog sees someone they know and wants to go say HI.  You have to first make sure that the person knows that they should not be looking at the dog, or waving to the dog.  People will wave to the dog from a distance, so make sure that if you are having this problem, that the people know to leave the dog along.they have to pretend they don't see you.  I have caught my self giving a service dog a, Hi how are you sign.,  Just a little wave of the fingers.  I try not to but it is just something people do when they see a dog.  I only do that if the person is standing on line at a cash register, or just sitting having  a coffee.  But I tell my self not to do that unless I have the persons permission.
Barb