[nagdu] Blind woman sues nudist community over guide dog

Sherrill O'Brien sherrill.obrien at verizon.net
Thu Feb 27 16:56:00 UTC 2014

Barb and all,

Haha! Good one. I just saw another article in which the condo association claims the dog is out of control. We have no way of knowing whether that's true or whether they looked up the law, saw that wording, and used it as a loophole. It's sure fun to live in Florida!
Actually this nudist community has been around for many years. It's probably no more than thirty miles from my house. I don't see any reason why this woman shouldn't be allowed to have her dog, if it's indeed a service animal and isn't out of control as they are claiming. Condo associations can really be tough nuts to crack sometimes. They often think their arbitrary rules are ironclad. They can make life miserable for anyone not following in total lockstep with their many rules.
We'll definitely keep tabs on this situation. Since we're talking nudist colony, I wouldn't be surprised if this story doesn't go viral!

Best
Sherrill