[nagdu] Too much Sniffing

Raven Tolliver ravend729 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 16 02:07:30 UTC 2014

Hi,
I would encourage you to use the Halti. The Gentle Leader is meant for
training leash manners, the Halti, or head halter is more for
monitoring or controlling head movement. The leash clips onto the
gentle leader via a ring on the collar around the dog's neck. The
leash clips to the Halti just below the dog's nose.
GDA might not use the Halti, but perhaps you should until you can
minimize this behavior. The Halti will allow you to feel exactly what
your handsome boy is doing, and will enable you to prevent the
sniffing before it even happens. When you notice Huck becoming less
nosy with the Halti, gradually reduce your use of it. If you find that
his nosiness has reduced, then you can continue working without it a
majority of the time. If you find that without the Halti, he is still
nosy, it goes back on.

On 1/15/14, Hannah Chadwick <sparklylicious at gmail.com> wrote:
> Darla,
> I would strongly recommend you trying the gentle leader.  It may
> help because I know it did for Spritz.  Whenever she sniffed, I
> would use the gl and it definitely made a huge difference.
> Best, Hannah

Raven