[nagdu] Too much Sniffing

Nicole Torcolini ntorcolini at wavecable.com
Fri Jan 17 03:33:18 UTC 2014

Whether it is a service dog or a pet, there is nothing wrong with using a gl
or a halty, especially if a dog never learns not to strangle  him/herself by
constantly pulling on the collar. That being said, although there is
generally more than one right solution to a problem, there is also usually a
wrong solution, and I have seen head collars used in situations where, JMHO,
they were not necessary. In some instances, in my opinion, the dog did not
really need the head collar, so I am not exactly sure why the dog was
wwearing one. In other instances, the issues that the person was trying to
resolve by using the head collar were kind of border line bad enough that it
is questionable whether or not the dog sshould have been a guide dog or was
the right match for the person. Yes, it is possible to get a dog used to a
head collar, but, if a person does not do this, then it can be very hard for
the dog.