[nagdu] What one wants

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Thu Jan 23 16:01:23 UTC 2014

I think it's fine to not have any big wants.  Basically, I want a guide dog
who actually guides me, one who helps me instead of hurts me, one who
enhances my mobility.  Without that, anything else is irrelevant.  One would
think that one could always count on that basic, but clearly it ain't
necessarily so.
So I try to pick the program that I think has the very best chance of giving
me that essential, and then, if I think there's more than one that fits the
bill, look at the would-be-nice list. But figuring out which program gives
me the best chance of a good dog is not as easy as one would think it should
be.
To follow Rebecca's analogy, my house has to keep me warm and dry, and not
fall down around me.  Then we can talk about bathrooms, location, etc.
Tracy