[nagdu] Puppy raiser contact

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Fri Jan 24 13:30:36 UTC 2014

Thanks Raven.  You've made TSE's puppy raiser contact policy more clear to
me.  If I had raised a puppy, I think I would want to know how he was doing,
but I'd be less than thrilled to be hit up for financial aid.
I've had 6 dogs, 5 from GDB, where there is raiser contact, and one from
TSE, where there isn't.  I never developed a close relationship with any of
my dogs' raisers. We'd exchange Christmas cards, or the occasional email,
though most of my GDB dogs went out before email became so ubiquitous.  So,
while I would be happy to talk to my TSE dog's raisers, and hear stories
about him as a puppy, it's not a big deal to me.  I wrote them a letter,
letting them know how he was adjusting to his life, and how much I adore
him.  They did not write back, and I'm OK with that.  I think it's rather
silly to have to pass all correspondence through the school, but I can see
why people might want it that way.
Tracy