[nagdu] ~Moving away from correction collar

Daryl Marie crazymusician at shaw.ca
Fri Jul 4 01:17:51 UTC 2014

Hi!

Not sure what it is, or if this is coincidence, but the past couple of days I have moved Jenny's leash from the correction collar to the dead ring.  As a result, this has given me considerably more feedback from Jenny, better walks, and decreased distraction time.  Even going out to the back yard, she did considerably better with the leash clipped to the dead ring rather than the correction collar.

Perhaps this is because she doesn't like the corrections, or the corrections are just not effective? Any idea why, for those of you who know more about positive-reinforcement?

It is by no means perfect - she scrounged her way to a doggie buffet of a slice of pizza - but I am seriously contemplating using the dead ring or a regular collar more often.

Thoughts?

Daryl and Jenny