[nagdu] Emergency vehicles

Dan Weiner dcwein at dcwein.cnc.net
Tue Jul 8 18:51:08 UTC 2014

Hi to all.
Well I hope that anyone who went to the NFB convention here in Orlando had a
great time.
I went but something happened which made things a bit more complicated.
My Mom was there with me and her blood sugar went very very low, (she has
diabetes) and I had to call paramedics from the hotel.
They came right away and were very efficient.
Now here's the question:
They wanted to take her in an ambulance but said they weren't sure about my
dog, they knew about service animals and loved the idea, but they said in
quotes"they didn't have a way to secure him".
I felt I was not in a position to argue as my Mom was incoherent and had
been having convulsions,  so I followed in a taxi.
So the question is, what is the scoop on guide dogs in emergency vehicles
like ambulances.

God news is my Mom is doing well and though she is still in the hospital she
is in good spirits and sounds normal to me, they are just checking out her
heart because they thought they saw something on the chest X-ray.

Anyway, any thoughts would be useful because I was not sure of my rights and
didn't feel I should press it without being sure.

Yours,

Dan and the parker Dog