[nagdu] Starting with clicker training?

minh ha minh.ha927 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 8 19:19:02 UTC 2014

Daryl,

You should check out Karen Pryor's Get Started with Clicker Training
for Dogs book. It's available on bookshare, but I'm not sure if you
have access to it in Canada. You can probably find it online somewhere
though. The thing with clicker training is the click sound acts as a
marker, so you just have to mark a behavior right as it happens and
treat. Food rewards is crucial in clicker training. The first thing
you have to do is train Jenny to the clicker. Basically, just click
and treat, click and treat until she recognizes that a click means
food is coming. I'm sure others will have more advice, but it's
something for you to get started on.
Minh