[nagdu] Thanks and request for input about dog guide with other family members

Nicole Torcolini ntorcolini at wavecable.com
Sun Jul 13 02:27:09 UTC 2014

I agree with everything that has been said here. The rules that the school
tells you, you need to really drive home with the people who live with you.
For the first little while, food and treats and most good things need to
come from you and almost only you. This is a working guide dog, not a pet.
You have to be able to take it in public without worrying about the dog
getting sick, which can happen from table scraps. Some people feed their
pets leftovers from the table, which are often very fatty. For a dog who is
used to only kibble, this can make your dog sick and/or need to relieve more
often. Also, you need to make it clear that, when you are holding the leash,
you give the commands. The people with whom you live are probably the people
with whom you are going to be seen the most in public, so they need to set a
good example.

Nicole and Lexia who loves Grandma but understands that Mommy is in charge