[nagdu] Thanks and request for input about dog guide withotherfamily members

Julie J. julielj at neb.rr.com
Sun Jul 13 11:35:46 UTC 2014

I think it depends somewhat on your particular dog's personality.  I did
limit Monty's interaction with others for the first couple of weeks, but he
has from the very first day been very, very, very attached to me.  Even when
I broke my foot and family provided a lot of Monty's care including feeding,
playing and walks, he  remained Velcro dog through all of it.  He enjoys my
husband and son and even my son's friends who come over from time to time
and play with him.  Other people seem to be interesting for a couple of
minutes, then he has to come see where I am.  To be fair, my family enjoys
Monty, but they aren't all gooey and crazy with him.  They do not usually
feed, play or take Monty for walks, unless I specifically ask.

Now, my stepdaughters are an entirely different story.  they are both older
now and things are much easier with the dog, but when they were younger, it
was a lot of work.

Julie