[nagdu] Last step in my application

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Sun Jul 13 15:43:58 UTC 2014

Friday, TSE came out to do Juno, since I live fairly close.  That was the
very last step in my application for Ben's successor.  I'm scheduled for
home and away in late October, though they may call me sooner if they have
the right dog in an earlier class. Thanks to everyone who said I should go
for home and away; I think it will work very well for me.
This will be my seventh dog.  I'm not excited about teaching yet another
green pup all the things my fine old dog knows.  On the other hand, it's
another chance to lose some accumulated sloppy habits.
Ben is fine, but he's slowing down, especially when it's hot, and I get the
impression that he is doing the job because I want him to, and not because
he's particularly enthusiastic about it.  He'll be ten in October, and I
think he's ready to put his feet up and let someone else go out in the heat,
or rain, or cold.
So, ready or not, the process is rolling along.
Tracy