[nagdu] Food /water before air travel

Brandy Pinder bdpinder at gmail.com
Sun Jul 13 20:10:43 UTC 2014

Hi,
I no longer do the no food and water thing. As others have stated I have had dogs throw up from this. Ever be so hungry your nauseous?
If my flight is say at seven in the morning I wake up at three I feed half portion. If I'm leaving in the afternoon I will probably feed almost all breakfast and then a little water. Some of my dogs that drink a lot I give some ice cubes on the plane so they aren't super thirsty. This being said as others have said all dogs are different. One of my dogs who disliked planes pooped when they got anxious so no matter how little or how much I fed he would poop... Also depends on how long the flight is. If I'm going from new York to la then I definitely feed something because this could be an eight to ten hour day. Pinta I could guarantee she would scavenge which would make our trip really annoying...

brandy pinder
Alumni Council -  second vice Chairman
Guide Dog Foundation for the Blind, Inc®
and America's VetDogs®, The Veteran's K-9 Corps Inc®
Providing "Second uSight"® since 1946

371 E. Jericho Turnpike smith town ny 11766
Cso: 866-282-8047
Email: brandydp at verizon.net
Cell: 304-685-4499