[nagdu] Skunk!

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Tue Jul 15 13:59:14 UTC 2014

I took Benny for his last outing last night, and he peed and was sniffing
around some more.  He went by some bushes, and I heard feet scraping, then
Ben turned around and rushed for the house.  I thought he'd finished and
was rushing to get out of the rain, but, when I got in the house, I
smelled the intense skunk.  I guess the feet scraping must have been
Skunky's feet.
The internet said I could clean him with vinegar and water, then rinse, so
I took him back out, away from the skunk, used the vinegar and water, and
hosed him down.  He was not happy, but it did get enough of the skunk out
so we could get on the bus and come to work this morning.  There's still a
bit of a stink, but only close up, and not all the time, for some reason.
Echo got skunked too, a long time ago.  I remember feeling oiliness on her
fur, but I didn't feel any on Ben's.  It made it harder to figure out
where he needed cleaning most.
Anyway, that was our late-night adventure.
Tracy