[nagdu] Skunk!

Raven Tolliver ravend729 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 15 16:11:33 UTC 2014

The Golden Guy has been skunked twice. You can usually smell their
body to see which particular area was sprayed. Both times, I scrubbed
him  down with lavender liquid castile soap, then scrubbed him down
with white vinegar, let is sit for five minutes, then another scrub
down with the lavender soap.
The 2nd time, he got sprayed right in the face, so I made a homemade
saline solution and dropped 2 drops in each eye 3 times a day for 2
days. I also rubbed cold-pressed coconut oil on his eyelids to
eliminate any irritation.
A faint smell did linger for a couple days, so if it happens again,
I'll definitely go right to Andy's recipe.

On 7/15/14, Tracy Carcione via nagdu <nagdu at nfbnet.org> wrote:
> Thanks.  I found this recipe online, too, but, as it was already past
> 10:30 PM, I wasn't up to the whole job.  5:30 AM comes too early to stay
> up half the night bathing the dog.  But I'll save it for next time, which
> hopefully won't be for quite a while.
> Tracy
>
>> 00            `
>> OKAY, I had that problem and what you want to do is,
>>
>> 1 quart of hydrogen peroxide 3%
>> 1 cup of baking soda
>> 1 tablespoon of Dawn dish detergent.
>> Directions:
>> mix well and place on dog rubbing into coat well.  Leave this in for
>> about
>> 10 minutes and rinse very well.  Use your dog shampoo after and you will
>> notice a big and I mean a big difference.0
>> Hope you are well.  Keep this recipe for the next time.
>> I got this from the Dog Rescue in Boston back in 1996 and has worked
>> great
>> each time.  Andy and Shubert

Raven
"if God didn't make it, don't eat it." - John B. Symes, D.V.M.
http://dogtorj.com