[nagdu] (no subject)

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Thu Jul 17 11:46:18 UTC 2014

Hi Barb.
When I met my husband, he didn't use a cane.  I talked him into using one when he slammed into a pole and had to get stitches.  He uses a folding cane, as someone else suggested, and takes it out when he wants it, which now is nearly all the time.  Because he's using his cane, he doesn't slam into poles or fall down steps, which makes us both happy.  Also, people understand why he's asking what a sign says, or where something is, or even looks at them kinda sideways.
He hasn't had formal training, just me showing him what to do when he started out.  His technique could be a lot better, but even so he's a lot safer with his cane than without.
Tracy