[nagdu] Jenny missed her calling!

Daryl Marie crazymusician at shaw.ca
Tue Jul 22 15:09:28 UTC 2014

I thought I would share; my guide dog has many hidden talents.

For the past two weeks our office thermostat has been all over the place - air-conditioning blasting, then a broken boiler resulting in temperatures close to 80 - so for the past week and a half we've had the company come by and check out what's going on.
Today, for the first time, we've had normal pleasant temperatures, but the company came by to do some testing anyway.
I was sitting at my desk, then all of a sudden, Jenny started barking like crazy! I should assert here for those who don't know her that her bark is BUSINESS - loud, sharp, and much more manly than her body is. I told her to calm down and go back to bed. She did, but head up, watching everything. The poor technician asked if she was my dog.
I said, yes, she is my dog, and asked idly if he was carrying any tools that she may have found a threat.
He said, no, no tools, but then my boss asked if Jenny would bark at something that looked like a gun.
I was quite startled by this question, and asked stupidly "A gun?"
"Yes, the temperature reader looks like a gun."
Technician asked if I wanted to check it out, and sure enough, the temperature reader looked and felt like a gun.

Heck, I'd bark at it too!

Hard to be upset with her reaction. LOL

Daryl