[nagdu] Canidae

Raven Tolliver ravend729 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 23 18:16:43 UTC 2014

In that case, l-glutamine is my suggestion. His gi tract is likely in
disrepair. L-glutamine in addition to a more agreeable food should
straighten things out unless he has some underlying condition.
Unfortunately, diagnostic testing is not always 100%. At the beginning
of this year, we traveled out of state. I knew the Golden Guy picked
up  some parasite or bug at a dog park, and I took 3 stool  samples.
All  came back negative. The vet wanted to prescribe metrinitozole, or
however you spell it. I turned that down of course and treated it
naturally by boosting his immune system and establishing a healing,
soothing environment in his gut. L-glutamine was a huge help among the
other things I used.

On 7/23/14, Shannon Dyer via nagdu <nagdu at nfbnet.org> wrote:
> Hi, Tracy.
>
> Both my guide and my partner's guide eat Canidae's All Life Stages formula,
> and nothing has changed for them. I'm not sure what formula Ben is eating,
> but I can only speak to the one we feed.
>
> Shannon and the Acelet
> On Jul 23, 2014, at 9:42 AM, Tracy Carcione via nagdu <nagdu at nfbnet.org>
> wrote:
>
>> Is anyone else feeding Canidae?  I am wondering if the formula has
>> changed.  Ben has been eating Canidae for 8 years, and doing very well,
>> but lately his stool has been very soft.  He's been on boiled chicken and
>> rice for a week, but, when I start adding back kibble, the more I add,
>> the
>> squishier things get.  He's also had a course of antibiotics, even though
>> the vet didn't find anything in the sample I brought in.  I hate when
>> they
>> do that.
>> I really don't know what to think. The usual methods aren't working. I'm
>> wondering if a change of food is in order, and, if so, what?
>> Tracy

>> http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/nagdu_nfbnet.org/solsticesinger%40gmail.com

Raven
"if God didn't make it, don't eat it." - John B. Symes, D.V.M.
http://dogtorj.com