[nagdu] Changes in relieving schedule?

Raven Tolliver ravend729 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 24 22:43:12 UTC 2014

Daryl,
Just as you don't need to use the bathroom at the same times every
day, dogs also need to relieve at different times on different days,
even if you feed and water them at the same times each day. Also, the
body is constantly at work: fending off environmental assaults,
healing itself, and eliminating foreign bodies , harmful substances,
and unnecessary nutrients. I would not worry about the relief schedule
unless her schedule is out of whack for the next few days and you find
that she's urinating or defecating more frequently or less than what
is normal for her. Variation in output is normal for everyone.

On 7/24/14, Daryl Marie via nagdu <nagdu at nfbnet.org> wrote:
> Hey,
>
> Since switching Jenny's food two weeks ago (gradually for a week, then fully
> for the past week), her "schedule" for relieving seems to be a bit out of
> whack.  On the old food, she would relieve (#2) early in the morning, and
> then at the end of the work day. Now it's hit or miss (yesterday she only
> relieved at noon, this morning she relieved twice in an hour).
>
> Is this normal during a food switch? Should I worry? Or just watch it this
> week and mention it to my vet when I take her for her yearly exam?
>
> Daryl

Raven
"if God didn't make it, don't eat it." - John B. Symes, D.V.M.
http://dogtorj.com