[nagdu] Teeth-cleaning

Karyn & Thane bcpaws4me at gmail.com
Tue Jul 29 17:11:24 UTC 2014

ne thing to look into for program dogs is that the Veterinary Dentistry assoc 9dont know their exact name) did free dental evals last year similar to the ophthamology program that happens each May. I'm not sure if this was just USA or if all countries were involved.

Anytime I take Thane to the vet, I ask about his teeth. It is a priority for me to stay ahead of the game. Many who feed raw diets (especially prey model) also find that their dogs teeth are cleaned well from that. Thane did not reap the benefits with dental though when he was on it but thus far we have not had a vet say he needs a cleaning-- in fact even at their worst, they said the tartar was quite mild. To me, mild or not, it doesn't belong there, but I know unless you choose to have the teeth sealed, the more they are cleaned, the more they need cleaned. My parents experienced this with their dogs so I really like to be proactive with mine. I've brushed Thane's teeth daily since I got him at 9 months of age.

Karyn and Thane