[nagdu] Struggles with relieving?

Daryl Marie via nagdu nagdu at nfbnet.org
Wed Jun 4 02:01:56 UTC 2014

Raven and Nicole,

Thanks for the pointers.  I am starting to spend some more time outside with her now that the weather is nice enough... taking her to the park, etc., even having her sit and relax outside with hubby and I if we're eating on the back patio (we don't let her on that lawn because the grass hasn't grown in yet and we've just planted a garden).  If weather permits, I do like to groom her outside and just sit in the sunshine and she really likes that.  I think you're right; she's indicating that she wants to be out in the sun more.  We also go on on-leash (out-of-harness) walks that she loves... perhaps I've been making a mountain out of this molehill.  Jenny's been hybernating really for a long time due to our harsh cold winter, so she's probably wanting to soak up some time outside.  My boss has even encouraged taking brain breaks in good weather and take Jenn for a walk around the block (in harness, but still outside and we're not GOING anywhere).
Jen's pretty good about not having a sniff-a-thon... she likes to eat grass, and I take a little sniffing as a sign that she has to go and she's finding a spot... like you, Nicole, after a minute or two, if nothing's happening, she's done *smiles*

Daryl and Jenny (who would love to be outside on any other day... but it's raining tonight)