[nagdu] Paying Free Lance O&M Instructors

Lisa belville via nagdu nagdu at nfbnet.org
Wed Jun 4 17:55:39 UTC 2014

Hi, all.

I'm getting ready to apply for a successor dog and I'm running up against
the issue of finding O&M instruction in my state.  IL has closed their local
Bureau of Blind services office, and even if they hadn't, the wait time for
them to open a new case is several months.  I've made contact with someone
in a neighboring state who can refer me to an O&M person who serves my area,
but this would be on a strictly free lance basis.  All I need is for her to
fill out the form and possibly help with the video portion of the
application, so probably 2 or three hours max, probably less.

What is the going rate for O&M instruction on an hourly basis?  If there is
a web site that has this info I would also appreciate it.

Lisa

If you must choose between two evils, pick the one you've never tried before
Lisa Belville
missktlab1217 at frontier.com