[nagdu] OK to stay

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Mon Jun 9 13:42:11 UTC 2014

Ben is unique, and he has his own strong ideas about things.
>From his point of view, sitting in the old armchair makes a lot of sense.
He's safely out of the way, but he can see the whole room, and it's very
comfortable.
He has a blanket on the floor, and toys, but none of them is particularly
special, and I'm not sure how to make them special.  Put a little
peanutbutter in his bone?
What I want to tell him is, if he's lying on the floor in front of the fan,
say, that he can stay there and I won't step on him.
If he's asleep, I can sneak over and pet him lying there, but I have to be
pretty sneaky about it.
He's part cat, or part shepherd.  He never asks to be petted, and only
occasionally acts as if he enjoys it, instead of just tollerating it.

Now it's getting warm, he's lying by the fan more.  Maybe, if I'm just
careful to not step on him, he'll get the message that it's OK.
Tracy