[nagdu] Feedeing lunch WAS relieving at airports was Denver airport

Raven Tolliver ravend729 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 11 06:36:31 UTC 2014

Daryl,
Scavenging is like jumping up on people: it's an inappropriate
behavior that a dog has learned is rewarding. It is not out of a need
for more food or nutrients unless your dog is scavenging in an herb
garden or something like that. Dogs are more likely to perform those
behaviors that yield rewards, so until the undesirable behavior no
longer yields rewards, or an alternative behavior yields a higher
value reward than the undesirable behavior, it will still rear its
ugly head.
On the subject of meals, feeding lunch is not necessary. If you find
your dog has higher caloric requirements due to energy level, simply
increase one meal or both appropriately, or feed food that is
nutrient-dense.
he only time I would advise someone to feed three separate meals is if
they are switching from ki**le to food, or supplementing ki**le with
food. Food digests at a different rate than ki**le, so it's important
to feed  the two separately.

Raven