[nagdu] Dog Food at 2014 Convention

Raven Tolliver ravend729 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 14 14:30:21 UTC 2014

Dry packaged foods can be taken through security as far as I know. I
have been able to get snacks through just fine. Not sure if there's a
restriction on how much is allowed through.
You can always check the suitcase or duffel with the ki**le in it.
When I flew home with the Golden Guy from GEB, I just put it in my
checked luggage.
Also, you can always call and ask the airline if they'll allow it in
carry-on luggage.

On 6/14/14, Cindy Ray via nagdu <nagdu at nfbnet.org> wrote:
> The dog food  is a relatively new thing at convention. If the dog is eating
> dry food, you just pack a small bag of it in your luggage, or divide into
> individual servings and carry it with you. Sometimes I do this, using my own
> bags for pick up, and sometimes I take a small 5-8 pound bag and a scoop
> with me. Never have bought from Petco.
>
> Cindy
>
> On Jun 14, 2014, at 9:11 AM, lizzy via nagdu <nagdu at nfbnet.org> wrote:
>
>> Hi All,
>> This will be my first convention with my guide dog and also the first time
>> we will experience air travel together.  I'm wondering if I will be
>> allowed to take her dry food with me through security and on the plane
>> since she does not eat food from PetCo.  Have any other handlers taken
>> their dogs to convention but not used the food provided? If so how have
>> you handled your dog's food (ex: taking it with you, mailing it to
>> yourself, buying it when you get there etc.)?
>> Thanks,
>> Lizzy

Raven